Ricki Lake Trout
This delicious seafood dish (well, lake food, at least) will leave your hunger satisfied and will impress your date.
You Will Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups mixed freshly chopped mushrooms (ie. white, crimini, chanterelle, shiitake, etc.)
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/8 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 ounces finely chopped prosciutto
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 Fish Out Of Water (i.e. large trout: cleaned and boned)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat butter in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until the liquid begins to evaporate, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the celery, shallots, and onion. Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture begins to brown and thicken.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and stir in the pine nuts, prosciutto and parsley. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne.
4. Hinge open each trout, season with salt and pepper, and fill with mushroom stuffing. Close, brush with melted butter, and place in a buttered baking dish.
5. Pour the wine in the baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the filling is hot.
6. After dinner, reveal to your guests (a.k.a. the studio audience), the topic for today's shocking show: "You sucked down plenty of my food and now your gonna have to do the dishes" (Then, you go girl).