Devil's Advocate, The"
Blackened Sole with Internal Damnation Sauce
Even the most innocent "soles" will feel the heat from this succulent seafood. This hot dish will spice up your weekend, while this week's movie sends chills down your spine.
Internal Damnation Sauce:
- 1 lb. fresh hot red peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 drop liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon each ground white pepper and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons each dried thyme and dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon each garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and cayenne
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 4 large filets of sole
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3 sixes on forehead
1. Combine peppers, garlic, vinegar, salt and liquid smoke in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Remove pepper mixture from heat and blend in 2-3 batches until smooth, then strain into a clean glass jar and set aside to cool. Cover and refrigerate until use
3. Combine and blend seasoning ingredients and set aside.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
5. Turn on the ventilator hood fan, open the windows and disconnect the smoke alarms. Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 8-10 minutes until hotter than hell.
6. Rinse the sole in Holy water and blot dry. Brush both sides of the filets with melted butter and coat well with seasoning mix.
7. Cross yourself, say a couple of "Hail Marys", then carefully lay the filets two at a time into the hot pan and cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Then lay sole in a pool of Internal Damnation Sauce and get ready to feel the burn.