Made In America"
Who's Your Daddy Black and White Cheesecake
Who can say no to cheesecake? This scrumptious treat is as rich as the stars of this week's movie (but with twice the calories). It's truly "comfort food", folks!
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 3/4 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lb. softened cream cheese,
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1egg (donor)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Combine the crushed chocolate wafers, sugar, cinnamon, and chopped almonds in a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and mix with a spoon until combined.
2. Press the chocolate wafer mixture evenly 2 inches up the sides and on the bottom of an 8" cheesecake pan. Place the pan in the freezer until use.
3. The filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Continue beating while adding the sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and flour, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl.
4. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the sour cream and set the mixture aside.
5. Place the chocolate in a double boiler or a small bowl set in a pan of simmering water.
6. Beat the egg whites until they stand in soft peaks when lifted from the bowl. Gently fold the beaten whites in with the cream cheese mixture.
7. Pour all but one cup of the batter into the prepared pan. Add the melted chocolate to the reserved batter and stir until blended.
8. Spoon the chocolate batter on top of the white batter to create swirls throughout.
9. Bake in the center of the pre-heated oven for an hour, until the sides are set and the center still appears jiggly. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake inside for 20 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Chill well before unmolding and serving.
11. Consider donating the dirty dishes to science.
Makes one 8" cheesecake