1 teasing comb
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Butter a 9 inch bundt pan, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of flour in the buttered pan and rotate the pan a few times to distribute the flour evenly before tapping out the excess.
2. Combine the sugar and shortening in a large mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
4. Combine the beets, cocoa and food coloring in a blender jar and process until smooth, about 45 seconds. Add the beet mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
5. Mix together the salt, vanilla and buttermilk and add alternately with the sifted cake flour, stirring after each addition.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the baking soda and vinegar and fold into the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Set the cake on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before frosting.
9. Combine all frosting ingredients and beat well. Ice the cake and refrigerate before serving.