These decadent treats are almost as sweet as a Bond girl. Almost.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbl Goldschlager liquor (containing real gold flakes), divided
- 8 oz mascarpone (Italian cream cheese), softened (If not available, use softened plain cream cheese whipped with 1 Tbsp sour cream)
- 24 ladyfingers, cut in half crosswise
- 1 cup espresso or strong coffee, cold
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 oz white chocolate
- 1 boxed set of Shirley Bassey's greatest hits..."Goldfingaaaah"
1. Combine the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of Goldschlager in a medium mixing bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and beat until pale yellow, thick and hot-- about 10 minutes.
2. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl, add the softened mascarpone, and beat until smooth.
3. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, and fold gently into the mascarpone mixture.
4. Lay out the ladyfingers on a cookie sheet and brush both sides lightly with espresso or strong coffee.
5. Set out 8 martini glasses or wine goblets. Arrange a layer of ladyfingers in each glass; top with a spoonful of the cheese mixture. Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers, followed by another spoonful of the cheese mixture. Place the glasses on a tray and freeze 30-45 minutes.
6. Whip the cream with 1 tablespoon of Goldschlager and spoon a little over each dessert.
7. Dust with unsweetened cocoa and grate a little white chocolate over each before serving.
8. While you are waiting for the ladyfingers to chill, use the remaining Gold liquor and a paintbrush to reenact any favorite, pivotal scenes from the movie.