Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit"
This fish dish is so delicious that you'll think you've moved on to your eternal reward!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon each chopped fresh basil, thyme and oregano
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, cleaned
- 1/2 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 medium can crushed tomatoes
- Salt, fresh black pepper and paprika to taste
- 4 six-to-eight ounce sole fillets
- Butter for parchment paper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Season filets with salt, pepper and paprika. Cut four pieces of parchment paper approximately 12 inches square and fold in half.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic and saute about 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the wine, herbs, tomatoes, shrimp, crawfish and crabmeat to the vegetable mixture and continue to cook for another two or three minutes, stirring continuously. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and paprika to taste and then set the sauce aside.
4. Butter one side of the parchment paper and place a filet on one half of the buttered parchment paper, close to the fold. Spoon the seafood tomato sauce over the top.
Fold parchment paper over to cover the fish and starting at one end, make small overlapping folds, to completely seal the pouch. Place pouches on a tray and bake 20 minutes.
5. Remove the parchment pouches carefully from the oven and place each parchment pouch on its own dinner plate. When ready to eat, slit open each parchment pouch, releasing the heavenly aromas and enjoy immediately!