Harry And The Hendersons"
Big Foot Foot Longs
The following recipe was featured during the presentation of Harry and the Hendersons during TBS's Dinner & a Movie.
You will need:
- 3/4 lb chicken thigh meat, skinless and boneless
- 3/4 lb chicken breast meat, skinless and boneless
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 very large flea collar
1. Cut the chicken up in 1/2" pieces and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add and stir in the soy sauce, garlic and egg white.
2. In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, paprika, salt, celery seed, sage, white pepper, and sugar. Pour the spice mixture over the chicken and mix in well. Place the bowl in the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Put the ice cubes in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal cutting blade. Process for 30 seconds until well pulverized; scrape the ice into a bowl and set aside.
4. Add the chicken to the processor bowl and grind in two 15 second pulses, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula between pulses. Add the crushed ice and grind for a final 20 seconds, then transfer the ground chicken to a pastry bag with a 3/4" opening.
5. Oil a 15" length of aluminum foil and pipe out 6 nice big-foot longs side by side. Bring one inch of water to a boil in a large skillet or saucepan; carefully transfer the footlongs on foil into the pan cover and reduce the heat to medium. Steam for 8-10 minutes.
6. Remove the dogs and either serve hot from the pan with garnishes of choice or plunge in ice water to cool quickly before wrapping and refrigerating.
7. Did you know:The only creature with fewer reported sightings than bigfoot is the elusive North American "Dishdoin Dinergest", a slow moving bloated creature occasionally spotted loping through areas where sumptuous meals have been prepared.