Fast Times At Ridgemont High"
Sean Penne Pasta Salad
Take care of those munchies with something healthy!
You will need:
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- juice of one lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Salad:
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 cup nicoise olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cornichons, sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup romano, grated
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white beans, cooked
- 1 can solid white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 copy Cassell's English~Surfer/Surfer~English dictionary
1. Make the dressing: In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, red pepper, lemon juice, garlic, dill and salt. Whisk together, cover and refrigerate.
2. Prepare salad ingredients: Cook the pasta al dente, (a little less than package instructions may call for) drain, rinse well 2 or 3 times and toss with a little olive oil.
3. Chop the olives and cornichons, quarter the cherry tomatoes, slice the onion, grate the cheese and chop the parsley and the scallions.
4. Make the salad: In a large mixing bowl, combine all salad ingredients and toss together.
5. Whisk the dressing once more, pour over the salad and toss a few times to mix in evenly.
6. Be prepared: If planning on eating this dish in history class, triple the recipe. That way when the teacher says: "did you bring enough for everyone?" You did.