City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold"
Home on the (Free) Range Chicken Wings with Dude Ranch Dressing
This dish is the perfect begining for another hunt for gold.
You will need:
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp each: celery salt, fresh dill, salt, white pepper and sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
For the Chicken:
- 1 tsp corriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp New Mexico chili powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 dozen chicken wings, free range if you can get them
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp each: dried basil, oregano and thyme
- your lucky saddle, spurs and cell phone
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend well. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Combine the coriander, paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
3. Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and cut in half at the joint, discarding the tips of the wings.
4. Rub the dry spice mixture well into the wings, cover and refrigerate. Preheat the oven to 400;F.
5. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the garlic, Tabasco, lemon juice and dried herbs; simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Arrange the chicken on a roasting pan or baking dish and bake 15 minutes, turning once.
7. Remove wings from oven and baste generously with the sauce. Return to the oven, reduce the heat to 350;F and continue cooking about 20 minutes, or until crisp and brown.
8. Saddle up and start snacking your way through your next male mid-life crises. Yee Hah.