Bikini Linguini with Hang Tenderloins
Whoa..better get some energy before you tackle those waves!
You will need:
- 1tbsp minced, fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2-7 oz loin cut, ahi tuna filets
- 1/2 lb dried linguine
- 1 large, hothouse cucumber
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sliced, pickled ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 bar "Sex Wax"
- tube of zinc oxide
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the fresh ginger, scallions, soy sauce, half of the miso, olive oil, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.
2. Add the tuna filets and turn a couple of times to coat well with the marinade; set aside.
3. In a large pot, bring 5-6 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, slice the cucumbers in half and out into matchstick-sized pieces.
5. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, combine the remaining miso, butter, cucumbers and pickled ginger. Saute about 3 minutes, until the cucumbers are just getting tender. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
6. Add the pasta all at once to the boiling water and stir immediately to avoid sticking. Cover the pot just until the water returns to a boil, then uncover and cook until not quite al dente, stirring often. Drain the pasta and toss with the sesame oil.
7. Remove the tuna filets from the marinade, drain off any excess and broil for no more than 3 minutes on each side. Don't overcook.
8. Add the linguine and 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the cucumber sauce and toss a few times over low heat to coat the pasta.
9. Slice tuna into 1/2" slices and serve over the linguine.
10. Tubular tip: Put on your wetsuit, wax your dinner table and tell any bogus barneys or bettys this dish is for locals only. Cowabunga!