Deja vu Twice-Baked Potatoes
If the groundhog sees his shadow, make this meal. If the groundhog does not see his shadow, still make this meal!
You will need:
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese (white cheddar, fontina, goat cheese, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chopped chives or green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 whole, peeled cloves garlic.
- 2 small zucchini or yellow squash, sliced thinly
- 2 small Japanese eggplant (or 1 very small globe eggplant) sliced thinly
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced thinly
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- all the time in the world
1. Preheat the oven to 425?F.
2. Scrub potatoes well under cold running water.
3. Dry and coat lightly with olive oil and place on the middle rack of the preheated oven. Bake for 25 minutes, then puncture the tops and continue baking another 30 minutes or until tender.
4. Allow the potatoes to cool, then slice the top quarter off each. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl and set the empty shells aside.
5. Combine the sour cream, cheese and chives with the potato and mash together. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dot with butter, return to the oven and bake another 15 minutes.
6. While the potatoes bake a second time, heat olive oil and garlic cloves in a saut?an over medium high-heat.
7. As soon as the garlic begins to brown, remove it and set aside. Add the eggplant and zucchini slices and saut? minutes. Add the tomato and olives and reduce heat to low. Chop and add the reserved garlic; salt and pepper to taste.
8. Top the twice-baked potatoes with the vegetable saut?nd more cheese. Serve immediately.
9. Repeat steps 1 through 8.