Dracula: Dead and Loving It"
You can't rock the after life on an empty stomach...
You will need:
You will need:
- 1 lb. tuna steak
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 15-20 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 Tbsp. Sambal chili paste
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 steel mesh turtleneck
1. In a large saucepan, bring 2 or 3 inches of water to a boil; add the peppercorns, salt and garlic; boil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the tuna steak to the boiling water, reduce heat and simmer no more than 4 minutes.
3. Remove the tuna and immediately immerse in ice water until cool.
4. Slice tuna as thinly as possible and set aside.
5. Strain the garlic from the water and chop as finely as possible.
6. Combine the tuna with the chopped garlic, green and red onion, chili paste, lemon zest, mayonnaise, olive oil and mix together well.
7. Preheat oven broiler on high.
8. Top each piece of sourdough with the tuna mixture and top with crumbled feta.
9. Broil the Nosferatuna melts just long enough to warm the feta (2 to 3 minutes). Garnish with cilantro.
10. Once dinner is over, quickly and mysteriously retire to your coffin, leaving your dishes for Renfield. (If you don't have a Renfield, any dinner guest who eats bugs and calls you Master will do.)