Tear The Roof Off The Suckers
Let's turn these suckers out! These sweet treats will keep your mouth busy with lollipop love, so your quick tongue doesn't get you into any more trouble!
You will need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil, cinnamon oil or hot chili oil
- 1/2 teaspoon food coloring of choice (optional)
- 1 copy "Def for Dummies"
- Wash, dry and grease some lollipop molds or butter a baking sheet.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, boiling water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Place over medium-high heat and stir until sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pan and continue cooking without stirring until the mixture reaches 300°F. (hard crack stage)
- Remove from heat and stir in the flavoring and the food color.
- Allow to cool 30 seconds to 1 minute before spooning into sucker molds and pushing in the sticks. If you don't have molds, spoon onto skewers or sucker sticks laid 4 or 5 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool 30-45 minutes; wrap individually when hardened.
- Put a sucker in your mouth, put a dip in your hip and come on to the mothership.
Makes 12 to 24 depending on the size