Reality TV Dinners
Sure, there's a little work involved in creating this dish. But once it's done, you can sit, slack-jawed, in front of the boob tube, and devour it in silence while you watch your favorite show.
You will need:
- 1 small minced onion
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds organic chuck steak, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 bunch chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp chopped rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Your favorite mashed potatoes
- Your favorite apple crisp
- Obligatory sliced carrots and peas
- 1 "Dinner And A Movie Brand" gravy-proof remote control cover
1. Sauté onions and garlic in half of the oil until golden brown. Set mixture aside to cool then combine with the chopped beef, beaten eggs, breadcrumbs and parsley.
2. Loosely form mixture into 6 oval patties. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and brown patties on both sides in the remaining oil. Allow the patties to remain rare inside. Refrigerate until use.
3. In medium, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and cook for 5-7 minutes until the mixture begins to resemble wet, golden sand.
4. Add the chicken stock and whisk until smooth. Bring to boil, add the mushrooms and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and rosemary. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Place each course in the appropriate compartment and wrap tightly with 2 layers of heavy-duty freezer foil. Freeze up to 2 months before use.
6. To Cook: Place trays in preheated 400°F. oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking 20 minutes, or until gravy resembles molten lava. Eat with gusto, but without conversation.
7. After dinner, begin production on your own reality series, "Joe Dishwasher".