Jody's Bananas Foster
Just because it has fruit in it, this dessert may seem low-fat. Don't kid yourself, partner. But it is definitely delicious, even with the calories!
- 1 cube butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4-cup brown sugar
- 1/2-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2-cup dark rum
- 1/4-cup banana liqueur
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
- powdered sugar and fresh mint
1. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir until dissolved. Add the banana slices and turn a few times to coat with the butter mixture. Simmer 10 minutes, basting often.
2. Remove pan from burner and carefully add the rum and banana liqueur, then Ignite and return to the stove. Shake the pan while the alcohol burns off.
3. Serve bananas over ice cream and cover with warm rum sauce. Garnish with powdered sugar and mint sprigs