Card Shark w/ James Coburned and Blackened Seasoning
This may be one of the easiest seafood dishes we've had in a while. In fact, the hardest part of this succulent dish is catching the shark!
- 4-6 oz. shark filet
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 tsp. each ground white pepper and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. each dried thyme and dried marjoram
- 1 tbsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and cayenne
- 4 tbsp. paprika
- An ace up your sleeve
1. Combine and blend seasoning ingredients and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Turn on the ventilator hood fan, open the windows and disconnect the smoke alarms. Heat a large, dry, cast iron skillet over high heat for 8-10 minutes until hotter than hell.
4. Brush both sides of the shark filets with melted butter and coat well with seasoning mix.
5. Lay the filets 2 at a time into the hot pan and cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.