Hollywood (Hulk) Hoagies
All right guys...get in that kitchen and make a sandwhich worthy of eating.
You will need:
In this corner, we have:
- 4 fresh Italian rolls
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped, fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced capocollo
- 1/4 lb. superhumanly thin sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 lb. sliced Provolone
... and in this corner:
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 small white onions, sliced thin
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- 4-6 pickled cherry peppers
- salt and pepper, to taste
- A size 50 neck, size 22 shoes and a teeny-tiny tea set
1. Perform the dreaded (and recently outlawed) hinge-hold: Body slam the rolls onto a cutting board and slice horizontally to form a painful hinge on each roll. (If you're not familiar with wrestling terms, just cut the rolls in half.)
2. Combine the oil, vinegar, oregano and pepper flakes and flagrantly brush the inside of each roll until someone pulls you off.
3. Dog pile! Pile the meat and cheese onto the bottom half of the rolls.
4. Top with lettuce, tomato slices, sliced onion and sliced pickled cherry peppers.
5. Drizzle a little more dressing over each sandwich and season with salt and black pepper.
6. Give 'em a little taste of your thunder: Close up the Hoagies and serve without mercy.
7. Don't be a hero: Have the courage to gracefully retire and let your tag-team mate tackle the dishes