Date With An Angel"
If you get the chance for a date with an angel, this wonderful chicken wing dish is sure to impress her. Just make sure you buy some wet-naps!
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. each: ground cumin, salt, and sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 four-ounce can Ortega brand diced chiles
For the wings:
- 4-lbs. chicken wings
- peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- 4-6 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup Louisiana style hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. each: celery seed, chili powder, garlic salt, black pepper, and ground coriander
- Della Reese's toll free hot line
1. Combine all dressing ingredients except chiles in a food processor or blender and blend well.
2. Transfer to a mixing bowl; stir in Ortega diced chiles; cover and refrigerate.
3. Trim and discard the wing tips, then cut in two at the joint if desired. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Heat the oil in a fryer or large Dutch oven to 375?F-400?F and cook the wings for 10 minutes in three or four batches.
5. Preheat the oven to 375F.
6. While the chicken cooks, roast the jalapenos over an open flame until the skin blisters and blackens. Roughly chop and set aside.
7. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the chopped jalapeno, butter, hot pepper sauce, white vinegar, celery seed, chili powder, garlic salt, black pepper, and coriander.
8. Drain wings well, transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with the jalapeno sauce. Arrange on sheet pans and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
9. Grab your wings and dressing, then head outside to search the night sky for any heavenly bodies that like to do dishes.