Point Of No Return"
Just the appetizer you need to be prepared to go back into the wild.
You will need:
- 1 tsp. wasabi
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 2 tsp. chopped tarragon
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- pinch dry mustard
- 1 lb. beef filet
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- 1 bell pepper cut into 2" pieces
- 1/4 lb. asparagus cut into 2" lengths
- 1/4 lb. brown mushrooms, cut in half
- 1/4 lb. mozzarella or string cheese cut into 2" pieces
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- killer instincts
1. Combine the wasabi, sesame oil and soy sauce and set aside.
2. Combine the mayonnaise, shallots, tarragon, red wine vinegar, and dry mustard. Whisk together and refrigerate.
3. Trim the filet and cut into 2" cubes; toss with a little soy and set aside.
4. Rinse the scallops and then toss them with a few drops of sesame oil and refrigerate until needed.
5. Combine the beer, flour and eggs and whisk together with just a few strokes.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in an electric skillet or frypan in the center of the dinner table; then arrange the sauces and the raw ingredients to be cooked around the hot oil.
7. Assemble your guests dangerously around the precarious pot of insanely hot oil and give them each one standard issue fondue fork.
8. Instruct each diner to quick fry each item in the hot oil (first coating in beer batter if desired).
9. Dip into the sauce of choice and dispatch without mercy.
10. When dinner's over, call the cleaner and hope it's not Harvey Keitel.