Breakfast Club, The"
Breakfast Club Sandwich, The
Just because you got Saturday detention doesn't mean you should starve yourself. Whip up one of these cool sandwiches and take it with you while you serve your time with the rest of the brat pack.
- 3 slices fresh egg bread
- 1 tbl fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 3 tbl mozzarella, freshly grated
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbl mayonnaise
- 1 tbl butter
- 2 slices avocado
- 1 tbl onion, chopped
- 2 slices ripe beefsteak tomato
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 handful watercress sprigs
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- self pity, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Remove crusts from bread and toast. While bread is toasting, take a few minutes to whine about anything that your parents ever did that might have stunted your emotional growth.
3. Lay out bacon in a baking dish or cookie sheet and sprinkle liberally with freshly cracked black pepper. Place in oven and cook until crispy, turning once.
4. Melt butter in saut?an on medium heat, add onion and bell pepper and sautee. Pour in the eggs and cook until the bottom is set. Season with salt, pepper and fresh basil and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place skillet in oven and bake about three minutes, or until fully set.
5. Begin constructing sandwich from the bottom up. Spread mayonnaise on toast, top with: fritatta, avocado slices, toast, bacon, tomato, watercress and finally the last, but no less important, piece of toast.
6. Toothpick the layers together at each corner and cut diagonally in quarters.