Seafood? Eat food. Believe us, you'll thank us for it later.
Internal Damnation Sauce:
- 1 pound fresh hot red peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon each ground white pepper and ground black pepper
2 teaspoon each dried thyme and dried marjoram
1 tablespoon each garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and cayenne
4 tablespoon paprika
4 large filet of sole
1 stick melted butter
1. Combine peppers, garlic, vinegar, water and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Remove pepper mixture from heat and blend in 2-3 batches until smooth, then strain into a clean glass jar and set aside to cool. Cover and refrigerate until use.
3. Combine and blend seasoning ingredients. Set half of seasoning mixture aside for use and store the rest in a spice jar tightly closed for later use.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
5. Turn on the ventilator hood fan, open the windows and disconnect the smoke alarms. Heat a large, dry cast iron skillet over high heat for 8-10 minutes until hotter than hell.
6. Rinse the sole in holy water and blot dry. Brush both sides of the filets with melted butter and coat well with seasoning mix.
7. Cross yourself, say a couple of "Hail Mary's", then carefully lay the filets 2 at a time into the hot pan and cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Then lay sole in a pool of internal damnation sauce and get ready to feel the burn.
8. Serve with steamed broccoli or your favorite steamed vegetable.