• Sager will work as a reporter for TNT's Thursday night exclusive coverage
of the 2004-2005 NBA season and is teamed with play-by-play announcer Marv Albert,
along with analysts Mike Fratello and Steve Kerr.
• For the third consecutive year, he will also report from the sideline for
TBS' Pac-10/Big 12 college football coverage.
• He reported on TNT’s coverage of the 2002 World Championships of Basketball;
2000 USA Basketball Games coverage from Hawaii and Japan; as well as the 1999
Tournament of the Americas Olympic Qualifying Basketball Tournament in San Juan,
Puerto Rico. Sager served as the sideline reporter for the 50th annual Delchamps
Senior Bowl from Ladd Memorial Stadium in Mobile, AL, and the 1998 and 2000
Micron PC Bowl, formerly known as the Carquest Bowl.
• He served as a reporter on TNT's NFL pregame, halftime and postgame shows
from 1990-97, and also reported on the 1990 World Cup from Italy for TNT.
• He reported for TNT’s 2001 Goodwill Games from Brisbane, Australia;
2000 Winter Goodwill Games coverage from Lake Placid, NY; TBS’ 1998 Goodwill
Games coverage from New York, covered volleyball, beach volleyball and soccer
for TBS at the 1994 Goodwill Games in Russia. During the 1990 Goodwill Games,
he provided play-by-play for wrestling. During TBS' coverage of the 1986 Goodwill
Games in Moscow, he served as a play-by-play announcer for diving, team handball
and modern pentathlon.
• He was a sports anchor for CNN while also serving TBS Sports as the anchor
of College Football Scoreboard for four years (1982-85). He also served as a
reporter on TNT's coverage of the 1991 Pan American Games from Havana, Cuba.
Previously, he hosted Atlanta Hawks basketball telecasts for TBS Superstation.
• At CNN, Sager was co-anchor of the network's Sports Tonight shows and was
honored with a CableAce award in 1985. He also anchored a variety of sports
programs including major league baseball, NFL football, college football, and
college basketball for CNN. Sager joined CNN in 1981 after handling the network's
first live remote report from the 1980 Major League Baseball Playoffs.
• Prior to signing on with CNN, spent two years at KMBC-TV in Kansas City,
MO where he served as sports director and reporter and handled play-by-play
duties for the Kansas City Kings and Royals spring training games. Previously,
he was sports director for WINK-TV in Ft. Myers, FL, where he was honored with
the Sportscaster of the Year Award from the Florida High School Coaches Association.
He also had stints at WTSP-TV, St. Petersburg, FL; WSPB-Radio, Sarasota, FL;
and WXLT-TV, Sarasota, where he began his broadcast career in 1972.
• Sager was honored with Georgia-area Emmy Awards for his work as co-host of
the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Parade from 1990-95.
• Is co-owner and president of Jocks and Jills Sports Grill.
• A native of Batavia, Ill., he holds a bachelor's degree in speech from Northwestern
University. He walked on the football and basketball teams and served as Willie
the Wildcat (mascot) for three years.