TBS MEN AT WORK HOOPS CHALLENGE SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. TBS Men at Work Hoops Challenge Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal residents of, and physically located within the 48 continental United States and DC who are, as of entry 18 years of age or older, except employees, officers, directors, agents, shareholders (and their immediate families [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and household members (whether or not related)) of Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. (“TEN”), (the “Sponsor”), and its respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, fulfillment companies, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, with the Sponsor "Sweepstakes Entities"). Void wherever prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: From 12:00:01a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 17, 2013 until 11:59:59p.m. ET on April 8, 2013 (the “Entry Period”), an entrant may log on to the TBS website, located at www.tbs.com/shows/men-at-work/bracket-challenge/ and complete and submit the online entry form, including name, address, telephone number (including the area code), e-mail address and birth date. To be eligible, each online entry must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 8, 2013. One entry per person, all entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and the prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning entry. The grand prize winner and guest must be available to attend the 2014 NCAA Men’s Final Four® scheduled to occur April 5th – April 8th, 2014, and travel immediately before and after such time to be eligible for the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion must be a legal U.S. resident and at least age 18. The Winners will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release (“Winner Documents”) and return within five (5) business days of issuance of notification. Noncompliance within this time period or failure of the potential Winner to respond to a notification attempt within five (5) days of such attempt may result in disqualification and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion; an alternate winner may be selected. If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, postage due entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. HOW TO WIN: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be randomly chosen by a representative of TEN on or around April 9, 2014, from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be confirmed by U.S. mail, e-mail and/or telephone and must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor. The decision of the judges will be final and binding in all matters.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win a three (3) day two (2) night trip to the 2014 NCAA Men’s Final Four® for him/herself and a guest and will receive the following: (a) Two round-trip coach-class air transportation tickets, from the major U.S. gateway airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to an airport in the Dallas, TX area; (b) one (1) room, double-occupancy standard hotel accommodations for two (2) nights; (c) ground transportation provided to and from the airport as selected by Sponsor; (d) two (2) tickets to the 2014 NCAA Men’s Final Four® Semi-final and Championship games. Total Grand Prize approximate retail value is Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000). Actual value of Grand Prize may vary based on point of departure, airfare fluctuations and other factors. The Grand Prize winner is financially responsible for all expenses for items not expressly listed above, including, without limitation, meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, souvenirs, obtaining documents necessary for travel, other personal expenses and hotel charges incurred during the trip. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and trip must be booked a minimum of fourteen (14) days in advance of travel and other travel restrictions may apply. Sponsor reserves the right to approve any travel dates and trip must be taken by April 5, 2014. No extensions will be given after such time, and the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligations to the Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for travel related delays or cancellations.
No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at their sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes (if any) as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants grant Sweepstakes Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residences, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and the NCAA (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded (including any travel or activity related thereto). The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of modification, cancellation, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Sweepstakes Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limits, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and any such Sweepstakes Entry will be disqualified. Any person attempting to forge or tamper with the Sweepstakes or otherwise defraud Sponsor will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and will be ineligible to win a prize. By participating, entrants (if a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from losses/injuries of any kind, including personal injury and/or death, resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance/possession, use/misuse of a prize by winners of prizes; or inability to use prize; shipping delays of prize merchandise; item/service prize unavailability, human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Sweepstakes Entry Information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by the Sweepstakes or entrant; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Web Site, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Indemnified Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from any and all claims or actions arising out of or in connection with from entrants entry or participation in the Sweepstakes, any breach of representation made by a entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes, and the exercise by Sponsor or its assignees of any of the rights granted by entrant in these Official Rules. Indemnified Parties are also not responsible for any typographical or other error contained in the Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related materials. IN NO EVENT WILL INDEMNIFIED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER, YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB PAGE OR ANY OTHER RELATED WEB SITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB PAGE OR ANY OTHER RELATED WEB SITE. Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final and binding in all respects, and waive any right to claim any ambiguity in these Official Rules or Sweepstakes materials. Submitted Sweepstakes Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE THE WEB PAGE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
7. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNERS LIST:
For a copy of the Official Rules or the Winners List (available on or about May 6, 2013), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage on rules requests), to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”) “TBS Men at Work Hoops Challenge Sweepstakes,” c/o TBS Marketing, 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W., 1010 Building, 3rd Floor, Atlanta, GA 30318.
9. SPONSOR: Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30318
© 2013 Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc., A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.