The Big Bang Theory DVD Sweepstakes Rules
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. “The Big Bang Theory DVD Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 years or older who have Internet access as of September 17, 2012, except employees, officers, directors, agents and shareholders (and their immediate families [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and household members [whether or not related]) of Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Warner Home Videos, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, judges, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, with the Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Void wherever prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”). Sponsor is not responsible for providing any Internet access or use.
2. HOW TO ENTER:From 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 18, 2012 through 11:59:59 p.m.
ET on January 8, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), Sponsor will conduct a national Sweepstakes encouraging
participants to enter for a chance to win a prize.
The Sweepstakes will be comprised of sixteen (16) weekly drawings, each to be held at the end of each relevant period (the “Entry Period”) as provided below. The Entry Periods are:
|Entry Period One (1)||September 18, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through September 24, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Two (2)||September 25, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through October 1, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Three (3)||October 2, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through October 8, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Four (4)||October 9, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through October 15, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Five (5)||October 16, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through October 22, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Six (6)||October 23, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through October 29, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Seven (7)||October 30, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through November 5, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Eight (8)||October 30, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through November 5, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Nine (9)||November 13, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through November 19, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Ten (10)||November 20, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through November 26, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Eleven (11)||November 27, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through December 3, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Twelve (12)||December 4, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through December 10, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Thirteen (13)||December 11, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through December 17, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Fourteen (14)||December 18, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through December 24, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Fifteen (15)||December 25, 2012 12:00:01 a.m. ET through December 31, 2012 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Entry Period Sixteen (16)||January 1, 2013 12:00:01 a.m. ET through January 7, 2013 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
To enter the weekly drawings, participants must log on to the TBS website, located at http://www.tbs.com/stories/story/0,,263202,00.html during the Sweepstakes Period and complete and submit the online entry form, including participant’s name, address, telephone number (including the area code), e-mail address (if any) and birth date. To be eligible for weekly prizes all entries must be received no later than 11:59:59p.m. ET on the last day of the applicable Entry Period. Entries will carry over to subsequent Entry 2 425882.5 Periods. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and a prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on a winning entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems that may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the participant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one (1) entry per person or e-mail address per twenty-four (24) hour period. No participant may win more than one (1) prize. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
3. HOW TO WIN:Twenty-five (25) winners (collectively, the “Winners”) will be randomly selected (one (1)
on or about the last day of each Entry Period) by a representative of TBS, from among all eligible entries
received during the applicable Entry Periods as potential winners of the Sweepstakes prizes (the “Prizes”). The
decision of the Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters. The odds of winning will depend on the total
number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Potential winners will be confirmed by
U.S. mail, e-mail and/or telephone and must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and
return of all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor. Winners should receive their prizes
within eight (8) to twelve (12) weeks of notification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the
winning entry will be declared made by the authorized e-mail account holder at time of entry.
4. PRIZES: Twenty-five (25) Winners will each receive one (1) DVD of The Big Bang Theory Season Five.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is Forty-five Dollars ($45). TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES
(25 PRIZES): ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS ($1125). No substitution or
transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the Winners. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash
redemptions permitted by the Winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize
(or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no
warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The Winners are responsible for the reporting and
payment of all taxes (if any) as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a
prize not specified herein as being awarded. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants grant Sweepstakes
Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residences,
voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising
and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in
any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Potential Winners may
each be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except
where prohibited by law, a publicity release and return within five (5) business days of issuance of notification.
Noncompliance within this time period or failure of potential winner to respond to a notification attempt within
five (5) days of such attempt may result in disqualification and, in Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may
be selected. If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Winner declines his
or her prize or (iii) a potential Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such
potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing in the
Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and participants agree
to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, demands
and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in
this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent
use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PRIZE IS AWARDED
“AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND IS NOT IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR
LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN
LAW OR IN FACT, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY,
MECHANICAL CONDITION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, participants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Fulton County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out of pocket expense and any and all rights to have damages multiplies or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or participants’ and/or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
8. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNERS' LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or the Winners List (available on or about February 8, 2013), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage on rules requests) to the following address no later than March 8, 2013 (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”) – “The Big Bang Theory DVD Sweepstakes,” 1050 Techwood Dr. NW, EXE 0305K, Atlanta, GA 30318.
SPONSOR: Superstation, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30318.
©Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.