Peer Pressure Chicks
You'll definitely be part of the in-crowd with Claud's "Peer Pressure Chicks." Not only do they taste amazing, but you'll save time in the kitchen too!
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- ½ teaspoon each salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
- Fennel, ¼ inch slices
- Onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 cups of your favorite variety of pitted olives
- 3 artichokes, leaves removed and quartered, choke removed
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste
1. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, one tablespoon olive oil, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper. Place chicken in a glass dish or plastic bag and toss with marinade. Marinate for 45 minutes to an hour at room temperature.
2. Remove chicken from marinade; wipe off excess marinade, reserving for later. Heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil in a 4 to 6-quart pressure cooker. Brown chicken, a few pieces at a time and set aside. Add the fennel and onion and sauté until translucent. Add the white wine and scrape browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
3. Return all chicken to pressure cooker. Add remaining marinade, olives, lemon wedges, artichokes, thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
4. Close pressure cooker cover and place pressure regulator on vent. Cook for 8 minutes, at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly. Cool pressure cooker at once.
5. Transfer contents of the cooker to a warm platter and serve.