School Of Rock"
You don't have to be in a band to enjoy Claud's "Sweet Licks." All you need is a little imagination and a hot sugar mixture.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, hot chili oil or your favorite oil
- 1/2 teaspoon food coloring of choice (optional)
1. Wash, dry and grease some lollipop molds or butter a baking sheet.
2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup, boiling water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
3. Place over medium-high heat and stir until sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Attach a candy thermometer to the pan and continue cooking without stirring until the mixture reaches 300°F. (hard crack stage)
5. Remove from heat and stir in the flavoring and the food color.
6. Allow to cool 30 seconds to 1 minute before spooning into sucker molds and pushing in the sticks. If you don't have molds, spoon onto skewers or sucker sticks laid 4 or 5 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Allow to cool 30-45 minutes; wrap individually when hardened.