Rush Hour 2"
Little Havana Lechon Asado
Bienvenido a Miami! We decided to cut loose and have a block party on Calle Ocho in Domino Park. Join Claud and the gang as they explore the Cuban culture and learn how to cook “Little Havana Lechon Asado” with Chef Tony Piedra from Versailles restaurant.
1 quart approximately
- 8 oz. water
- 8 oz. white vinegar
- 8 oz. grapefruit juice
- 8 oz. lemon juice
- 4 oz. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 4 bay leaves
- Salt and white pepper to taste
Stir above ingredients together
Fried Sweet Plantains (Maduros):
Very Ripe Sweet Plantains
- Peel and slice them in an angle 1/2" thick
- Fry them in medium temperature until golden brown
Fresh Pork Shoulder 7-10 lbs marinated over night in Cuban Mojo
Special Thanks to Versailles Restaurant
- Roast in 350 degree oven for 3 1/2 hours in clay casserole or square roasting pan with mojo below. Add mojo as needed.
- Once cooked separate the skin from the meat
- Cut the pork skin into 3 inch squares and bake in sheet pan until crispy
- De-bone the pork in chunks. Degrease the left over juice from the pan. Use remaining juice to pour over the pork and let it simmer
- Plate with mojo marinated onions and crispy skin square