Show Me the Hot Wings
You'd better keep a cold glass of water handy...these hot wings will burn your tongue to a crisp!
You will need:
For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp. each: salt, sugar and ground cumin
- 1/4-cup buttermilk
- 1-cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
For the Wings:
- 4-lbs. chicken wings
- vegetable oil for frying
- 4-6 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup Louisiana style hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. each: celery seed, chile powder, garlic salt, black pepper and ground coriander
- 1 tasty mission statement
1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend well. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate.
2. Trim and discard the wing tips then cut in two at the joint if desired. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Heat the oil in a fryer or large Dutch oven to 375F-400F and cook the wings for 10 minutes in three or four batches.
4. Preheat the oven to 375F. While the chicken cooks, roast the jalapenos over an open flame until the skin blisters and blackens. Roughly chop and set aside.
5. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the chopped jalapeno, butter, hot pepper sauce, white vinegar, celery seed, chile powder, garlic salt, black pepper and coriander.
6. Drain wings well, transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with the jalapeno sauce. Arrange on sheet pans and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
7. For dessert, serve up a big bowl of "You Had Me at Jell-O" then explain to your guests that if they really wanted to complete you...they'd do the dishes.